Monday, November 18, 2013

Prior Preparation and Planning Prevents Pitifully Poor Performance

The 7 P's. That is a key strategy to be used with athletes in preparing for competition. How do I know this? I am preparing for my three exams in December, one of which is Sports Psychology. But it is also an old and trusted maxim of Dad's from his Army days.

So what's been happening in Fi's world?

Well apart from preparing for three exams for PSYC122 (Foundations), PSYC123 (Statistics) and PSYC116 (Sports Psychology), I went to Sydney yesterday to help Caleb celebrate his 8th birthday!


The kids had come to Sydney (with Steve and Bec of course) for an RPA allergy clinic appointment and I met up with them at Darling Harbour for presents and dinner last night. It was a lovely couple of hours and Caleb is now desperately counting down the days until school holidays until he sees me again and can use is Nintendo 3DS for his new DS games - Lego Chima and Moshling Park. I suspect he's looking forward to his DS more than he is me :)

I have casual work coming up next week which will help with Christmas! It involves cleaning all of the student rooms at Marketview so that we can open 3 of our 4 floors for the hotel season over summer session.

And then there's my potential new work with a local mental health hospital running music therapy programs. They are still in discussion regarding timing and the structure of the existing program but they are keen to add music therapy into the program so I am waiting in excitement to find out if/when/how and so on!

And if you ever wondered what university students get up to when they have too much time on their hands, consider below:


Yes, that is a toothbrush, toothpaste, chapstick, stapler and random change all set in jelly and stored in our floor's kitchen fridge a couple of weeks ago!

What fun we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment